Is there any specific fast and reliable web hosting plan for a food blog?
Can you really use such providers to make your blog load fast and be secure?
In reality, there are many confusions that make beginners and even existing blogger chose the wrong web host in the end. Food blogging is not the same as someone who writes short posts without media.
When you write recipes or articles, you’ll need to add lots of images and that’s what that kind of blogging is about. So, that adds many problems to the page loading time and make the site slow.
For that, there are many severs optimizations and WordPress tricks that can accelerate the site and make your reader happy.
Now, if you don’t want to deal with such complicated things, then, choose any of the following list of the best web hosts for food bloggers.
Web hosts for food blogging
1. WP Engine
WP Engine is a fully managed WordPress web hosting, so, they secure the servers, protect them and solve any problem that can happen. In addition, when we talk about images, WP Engine offers a CDN for free. So, all your blog images will be severed from global data centers. Moreover, their servers’ response time is the fastest in this list, but also, they offer a shared environment, so, there is no way to get a dedicated IP unless you use their enterprise level plans.
The first plan cost $35 and it includes 35 premium StudioPress themes for free, they own that company now. So, you get the best WordPress to optimized themes with HTML5 markup, and one of their best designs for food bloggers is the “daily dish”. However, you can choose from many other designs with every hosting plan.
If you want the pros of WP Engine hosting for your food blog, then, read the next features.
- Automated migration with their customer WordPress plugin
- You can copy any install in seconds
- Faster server response time
- Global CDN
- Nginx and Apache servers
- Used by influential food bloggers
- WordPress expert support
- Out of the box WordPress optimization
- Best web hosting management portal with lots of options
- Free lets’ encrypt SSL, but you can install your own in easy steps
- Immediate disaster recovery when problems happen
- Daily offsite backups
- Free malware and hacks fixing service
- You can transform billing between sites
- Page level performance
Of course, no web host is perfect, but this one is on the top list of the best recommendations. However, here is what we don’t like about WP Engine hosting:
- Their prices are not for everyone, (small site owners find them costly)
- Only built for WordPress
Building your blog with one of the fastest hosting platforms for WordPress hosting will have positive effects on Google crawling, indexing, ranking and of course for the user experience.
2. InMotion Hosting
If things like the best user experience and blog speed matter to you, then, InMotion Hosting should be your first option. Their managed WordPress plan comes with optimized servers, faster SSD storage, secure systems and best of all, a free premium version of the famous JetPack plugin. In fact, with JetPack, you can enable one of the most powerful tools that every food blog needs, it’s the images lazy loading.
That reduces the server requests and give your blog a higher speed score in Google and other tools including Pingdom, GTmetrix, and others. So, instead of loading a post with 10 images, the system load only the image that the user can see.
Also, there are other tools including social media automated sharing, which is so helpful for letting others know about your latest recipes, step by step preparation posts and new foods. So, that makes your blog getting more exposure and be recognized by other food bloggers who may mention your blog on their popular sites. It’s all about social sharing these days, especially for fashion and food blogging.
Now, let’s have a quick overview of the best features of InMotion web hosting:
- Fast SSD hosting optimized for WordPress
- Free private SSL certificates
- Free domain
- Pre-installed WordPress blog
- Use any plugin
- CDN included
- Linux and Windows servers
- WordPress drag and drop site builder with BlodGrid
- Free blog backups
- Unlimited hosting bandwidth
- You can have email accounts with your blog domain
- cPanel control panel to manage your blog files
- Lots of premium WordPress themes and plugin to choose from for free
- WordPress tutorials, and step by step guides
What about the InMotion Hosting drawbacks?
- No monthly options for the small plans
3. Liquid Web
We actually use Liquid Web for a blog, and we found it the best solution for people who look for speed, blog security, user experience and search engine crawling. You’ll avoid many problems that happen with other popular web hosts, that’s not only because Liquid Web offers the best servers, but also, because, your images will be compressed automatically.
Here is how it works, the web host offers a premium quality WordPress plugin that compresses the blog images one by one or in bulk. Of course, this is a paid plugin that you use for free in your plan, so, it keeps that same image quality but compresses them and save a lot of disk space. Here is a simple screenshot where you can see that we saved 56% of the total size of images by one click.
In addition to the above features, Liquid Web is a premium web host that used the latest SSD web servers with a powerful caching system that works automatically. So, instead of 4 seconds page load time, your pages will be fully loaded under one second in general. But even if the page loads in 2 seconds, it stills super faster than any other web host in the world, keeping in mind that WordPress is dynamic and use lots of resources.
Here are the best features of this powerful web host for your food blog:
- Automatic daily blog backups
- Secure servers
- Automatic image compression
- Stagging sites to test your blog offline
- Free SSL
- Month by month payments
- Faster caching system
- No page views or traffic limit
- Support by phone, live chat and also emails
What are the cons of this hosting?
- It’s not cheap
- Only Nginx servers
No other disadvantages we can talk about as this an amazing service that works better than others and has a friendly customer support.
To make the choice easier, we only focused on the top 3 web hosts we recommend for any food-oriented bog on WordPress. There is no way to succeed without the right severs configurations and hosting tools, and these companies provide what your site need and what you readers like as speed and more.
- Gator Website Builder by HostGator: Features, Pros and Cons - March 2, 2019
- Best Blog Hosting Sites: For Writers, Bloggers and Professionals - November 11, 2018
- Free Trial cPanel Web Hosting with Best Services - October 16, 2018