As any shared web hosting provider, Bluehost offers different levels of services. Every hosting plan comes with different features and different level of usage. The problem with this is the unclear limit of bandwidth and also disk space. So, today, you’ll find how much bandwidth Bluehost provides and what you need to know.
Bluehost bandwidth usage
Bluehost offers shared hosting, VPS plans, and dedicated servers. Every hosting solution works better for a different level of usage and optimization. So, keep in mind that you need to know the limitations exactly as they’re.
For shared hosting plans, Bluehost offers unmetered bandwidth. That means unmetered usage per month. The problem here is that the company can cancel your hosting account if you exceed the maximum average of bandwidth. In other words, if your website uses huge bandwidth and it affects the other sites hosted on the same server, then, that’s the case of a bad usage. As a result, you’ll receive an alert email, so, you can then, take action and adjust your bandwidth usage or solve problems.
On the other side, there is no exact amount of bandwidth that the company offers. It’s a real problem if your site receives thousands of visits per day. In that case, they can cancel your account easily. The reason is this: You use a huge bandwidth compared to the majority of sites that receive a few visits per day. So, it’s not profitable for them.
In many cases, Bluehost sent emails to users to force them to upgrade their hosting plans. So, as a customer, you’ll find yourself in the need to upgrade to a VPS account or even a dedicated server. Indeed, if your website really needs these resources, then, upgrading will be easy. But the problem is the performance of the server that you use. Unfortunately, Bluehost offers a slow loading time for your server and you need to consider that when hosting with them.
According to Bluehost, their 99.95% of users are using enough and acceptable bandwidth. On the other side, 0.05% of their users use huge bandwidth that put their server at risk.
The following is the table of the monthly bandwidth for all the Bluehost shared plans.
|Bluehost shared||Bandwidth||Special Deals|
|Basic||Unmetered||Get 60% OFF|
|Plus||Unmetered||Get 60% OFF|
|Prime||Unmetered||Get 60% OFF|
The company provides unmetered bandwidth also for their cloud hosting plan.
As you can see, all of their shared hosting plans come with unmetered bandwidth. That means no limit for the number of visits to your website. But, remember, that unmetered does not mean unlimited as it’s only not measured. For that, please read their terms of service.
The following is the Bluehost Terms of service for the bandwidth usage:
For WordPress hosting, Bluehost provides different levels of bandwidth quotas in forms of visits per month. They’re the following:
|WordPress plan||Monthly Visits (Bandwidth)||Deals|
|WP Standard||100 Million||Get 50% OFF|
|WP Enhanced||300 Million||Get 50% OFF|
|WP Premium||600 Million||Get 50% OFF|
|WP Ultimate||Unlimited||Get 50% OFF|
The WordPress plans bandwidth is measured as a number of visits, it’s managed service in the end and that’s how they calculate the resources usage.
Now, let’s take a look at the VPS hosting plans and their monthly bandwidth.
|VPS plan||Monthly Bandwidth||Discounts|
|Standard||Unlimited||Get 50% OFF|
|Enhanced||Unlimited||Get 50% OFF|
|Ultimate||Unlimited||Get 50% OFF|
As you can see, the Bluehost VPS plans come with unlimited bandwidth per month.
For the dedicated servers, Bluehost offers a minimum of 5 TB for the standard plan. For the enhanced dedicated server plan, they offer 10 TB of bandwidth. On the other side, the company provides 15 TB of monthly bandwidth for the premium dedicated server hosting.
For modern blogging software like WordPress, the bandwidth can be a real issue. The reason is that WordPress uses more bandwidth and server requests. So, if you’re using WordPress with Bluehost, avoid shared hosting and go with another plan.
With all the hosting solutions that Bluehost offers, there is no real fast loading time. So, you’ll get downtimes and even very slow loading time for your website pages.
Is there any Bluehost alternative?
The answer is yes, as long as you know that nothing is unlimited in the web hosting world. Personally, I’ve used the majority of the Bluehost similar services on web hosting. The only company that really offers enough disk space and bandwidth without fake promises is InMotion Hosting.
Unlike Bluehost, InMotion offers SSD storage and faster loading time. That means a faster website and faster execution time for the server. In addition, the web host offers amazing customer support, they have a great department with friendly support, so, you can contact them by phone, live chat or emails.