To choose a good web hosting service for your new online store, you need to compare the options and pick the right company. However, if your main goal is the best quality, then, you come to the right place, we’ll show you what really works for eCommerce sites with little traffic and if your site grows bigger later, you can upgrade and add more resources with one click.
Best web hosts for online store sites:
- HostGator: Best reliable web store hosting provider
- Liquid Web: best options for fully managed web stores
- InMotion Hosting: Good option for small size stores
For explanations, features, and tips, read the following details to choose the right hosting solution for your new online store.
Online Store Web Hosting Services
HostGator is the number one web hosting for any size of web store online, their cheap hosting plans come with eCommerce solutions, SSL, and a high level of security. Moreover, if the store needs more resources, there are other plans to upgrade later like cloud VPS and dedicated servers. This is the type of e-commerce site hosting that works without complicated signups and configurations.
HostGator’s store hosting enables business owners to sell their products online with any CMS or eCommerce software. That means anyone can install one of the popular online store systems like Prestashop, Magento, WordPress Woocommerce or any other tool.
HostGator does not only offer web hosting plans for online store websites, but also, it offers email hosting, web design and SEO, and online marketing. So, the user gets all his store needs in one place, and not waste the time with other sites.
Can you build your online store site?
Yes, HostGator has a modern and optimized drag and drop site builder tool that enables anyone to create his own store in minutes. So, if you’re one of those who prefer no coding and themes, then, choose a premade design, click a few buttons and your eCommerce site will be ready in minutes and not months.
Unlike other web hosts, HostGator is not complicated for use, here is how to create your new online store and host it in one place.
- Choose a domain name (make it short and memorable)
- Compare, then, pick the right store hosting plan (start small if this is your first time)
- Add a website builder or eCommerce tool
- Install a store theme or choose a premade design
- Select a payment option and link it to your online store
- Start adding products
- That’s it, your online store site is ready to sell your products online and collect payments with lots of payment solutions.
3. Liquid Web (fully managed store hosting)
Liquid Web is a fully managed web hosting provider with fast servers, however, that cost a lot compared to shared web hosting. Thus, don’t expect the same prices, but this one is faster and better for any small business website or store.
The VPS optimized plans come with a high level of bandwidth, faster CPU than Amazon services and other companies, and Windows or Linux servers. Indeed, Liquid Web provides two solutions for your small store online:
- Fully managed cloud VPS, these plans include up to 16 GB of RAM, 8 CPU cores, and cPanel or Plesk control panel. The cos start at $59 per month for 2GB cloud VPS.
- WordPress WooCommerce hosting that’s fully managed and optimized. This kind of hosting is dedicated to an online store that uses WordPress and WooCommerce systems. It’s faster than regular solutions and optimized for speed, performance and even search engine crawling.
Now, let’s find out why this is one of the best web hosts for your online store:
- Free SSL certificate
- No transaction fees
- Host unlimited products
- Tax calculation automatically
- Unlimited product bundles
- The Beaver Builder tool that lets you customize the design and build your own sales pages
- Thousands of professional themes for eCommerce sites
- Mobile-optimized designs
- Product catalogs
- Full store management, including orders, coupons, inventory etc…
- Physical and digital store with all the best tools
- Wishlist tool
- PDF invoices
- Exit offers (you can offer a special discount or products when visitors want to exit your site)
- Unlimited staff and admin accounts
- Live shipping rates
2. InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting offers good plans for eCommerce sites, and when you pick any of their shared hosting packages, you’ll get a pre-installed PrestaShop store. So, you don’t even need to do any manual installation or complicated configuration.
When you create the account, there is an option to choose Prestashop or WordPress to be installed for you automatically.
For security, InMotion Hosting has one of the most secure infrastructures in the world. There are SSD servers with the latest processors and technologies. In addition, with every plan, you get a free professional SSL certificate from Comodo which is the best SSL provider. Thus, this is a secure web hosting that needs little to medium resources including RAM, CPU, and bandwidth.
Unlike other web hosts, this one cost less, and the shared plans start at $3.99 per month. So, you can save money for other things instead of wasting them with other services that provide nothing as quality.
Of course, InMotion is a premium quality web hosting provider, so, expect great customer support and faster server response time compared to others.
For traffic, InMotion handles thousands of visits to your web store without any problem. So, don’t worry about limitations, there is unlimited disk space and also unlimited bandwidth for your site. Furthermore, you get a free domain and lots of themes to choose from and customize.
If you want to build a Woocommerce store, then, they have the best premium tools like drag and drop site builder and more.
If you think that your online store needs more RAM and speed, then, choose the VPS plans that come with dedicated resources, cPanel and lots of tools.
Best hosting features:
- Free data backups and domain
- Unlimited disk storage and monthly visits
- SSD accelerated servers
- 24/7 support available by phone, live chat or emails
- US-based data centers
- eCommerce optimized hosting
- Best tools for online marketing
- Free advertising credits with Google, Bing and even a business listing on Yellow Pages
- PHP 7
- MySQL with easy access through PHPMyAdmin
- cPanel control panel
- FTP access
- File manager tool
- Website optimized tools that save lots of disk space and make web pages load faster
- One-click installer software for PrestaShop WordPress and others
- Email hosting included with forwarding tool and spam protection
What a Store Hosting Need?
Hosting a web store is not the same thing as hosting a blog or other types of websites, it needs extra levels of security, more resources and payment gateway. However, things can be difficult for many especially beginners, that’s why using the best online store hosting system is what works.
In terms of configurations, a web server can handle lots of traffic for business websites, but once we add the shopping cart integration, the choice of the payment options and other features, it can suffer and may go down for minutes or even hours. So, every online store site should be configured by expert engineers who know how to manage tools, code, and apps.
That’s why choosing a fully managed store hosting plan is what big companies prefer, there is no worry bout the web store maintenance, security update, and other things. What successful online store owners do is manage their store products, prices and do the right marketing, they let engineers do the hard work of maintenance and coding.
Web Hosting Costs for Online Store Sites
How much does sit cost to host an online store site? Is $5 a month to get things done right? And what about features and speed?
For eCommerce site hosting, it’s not a secret that lots of web hosting companies market their services the best way that can do. So, you’ll see offers like few dollars a month for a complete online store hosting, but do you believe them?
In reality, hosting a professional designed and well-configured web store with traffic costs at least $30 a month. So, in yearly payments, expect to pay $250 to $300 for a small store with a few products. On the other hand, if the store site has lots of products, then, users won’t wait extra seconds or minutes to load a page and read the details, they’ll leave the site after a few seconds and never return again. For that reason, if the traffic of the site grows up, that also forces the web store to handle more visitors and that needs more RAM, CPU, and other resources. As a result, hosting a heavy traffic online store site will start at $100 a month or more depending on features and the monthly sales.
Some eCommerce platforms offer no transaction fees for a limited number of sales, while others take 2% of the store sales a year. So, it’s not easy to calculate the real cost of hosting a web store as there are many parameters, factors, resources and revenue levels. That being said, we recommend choosing an eCommerce hosting that’s fully managed and secure.
Choosing the Best Hosting for eCommerce Sites
These are the best web hosting solutions for online stores, you can find more options, but they are the most optimized plans with fully secure servers and lots of tools. In fact, In today’s world, there is no real security without the highest level of server protection and daily malware monitoring and scan. These providers work well, and you can start with any of them.
If your main goal is to have the cheapest web host that’s secure, optimized and friendly, then, choose HostGator. On the other hand, if you’re looking for the fastest web host and you can pay more, ten, Liquid Web is the right company to host your online store with.